The INPS communication campaign on the redemption of the degree starts

The INPS communication campaign for the redemption of the degree. With the claim “Life is made up of two things: what happens and what we make happen”, underlines a note, INPS emphasizes that our future does not depend only on circumstances but also on our choices.

The redemption of the degree course, in fact, is the tool that makes it possible to transform university years into contributory years, and therefore integrate the contributory position for the purposes of the law and the calculation of all pension benefits.

The contribution to be paid changes in relation to the rules governing the payment of the pension with the salary or contribution system (ie from 1 January 1996), taking into account the timing of the periods subject to redemption. A necessary condition is to have obtained the qualification.

The periods that do not give the possibility of redemption are those of registration out of course or already covered by compulsory contributions. It is also an opportunity for those who are unemployed or not registered in any mandatory form of social security.

In addition to ordinary degree redemption, current legislation provides for the possibility of graduation redemption facilitated, with savings up to 70% less than the ordinary one, but only for the periods that are part of the contributory system of the future pension.

A simulator is available on the INPS website that allows you to have personalized information. An approximate simulation of the cost of the redemption, its installment payments, the starting date of the pension (with and without redemption) and the estimated pension benefit resulting from the payment of the burden. No credentials are required, just enter some data anonymously.

They can be redeemed:

  • university diplomas (courses lasting no less than two years and no more than three);
  • degree diplomas (courses lasting no less than four years and no more than six);
  • specialization diplomas, which are obtained after graduation and at the end of a course lasting no less than two years; research doctorates whose courses are regulated by specific legal provisions;
  • bachelor’s, master’s and master’s degrees;
  • diplomas issued by the Institutes of Higher Artistic and Musical Education (Afam).

Any application must be submitted exclusively electronically or through the call center.

By Editor

Leave a Reply