At 21.15, Smukfest opens its doors for one of the highlights of this year’s festival.
It happens when you pay tribute to Danish rap on the biggest stage with a – on paper – epic concert that includes names like Den Gale Pose, Kidd, Niarn, Outlandish, Sivas, Suspekt, Tessa, Topgunn, Ude Af Kontrol and Østkyst Hustlers.
On stage is Jesper ‘Jokeren’ Dahl, who is ready to spit when Ekstra Bladet meets him backstage before the concert.
– We play ‘Spanned up til lyr’ and ‘Havnen’ with the Joker. This is what has been ordered, he says with a smile and talks about his expectations for the concert:
– It’s like being at an old student party. You all know each other, but not everyone you see in your everyday life. It’s a 20-year anniversary – a kind of parade for Danish rap, we’re going to.
Bill from the tax authorities
In 2022, the Joker will still appear, but it is primarily the art that attracts the rap legend, and it is reportedly going quite well.
– I have actually just exhibited my paintings at a group exhibition at the Faroe Islands National Museum, where I have eight paintings. This is the first museum I exhibit in, so I paint and sell my paintings. This is what I do, I explain to him.
– How does it compare to being a rap star?
– At least it means that the tax authorities estimated that I owed them 1.2 million, so somehow it must be very good, ha. I haven’t followed it, he says with a wry smile.
When Ekstra Bladet met Anders ‘Anden’ Matthesen, he tells how he went cold over tables at Smukfest in the old days, when rockers from Albertslund looked after him. Torben Chris tells how he once ate pizza slices from a naked man at the Samsø Festival – and Heino Hansen could tell how he was almost taken hostage on Skanderborg Lake.
However, the Joker is not much for revealing his wildest festival stories.
– I have experienced wild things, but let’s keep it between us and then you turn off the recorder, haha. No, I think my festival experiences have been like everyone else’s. Funny, crazy, far-fetched – huge turnout, lots of good music and fun and trouble.