Israel: Man died of encephalitis caused by an amoeba
The 36-year-old resident of the north recently died of encephalitis caused by a rare amoeba – this is what the Ministry of Health informed this morning (Friday). The 36-year-old had no known underlying diseases. This is a rare case, which was diagnosed thanks to the vigilance of an infectious disease doctor, who suspected the diagnosis and involved the district health office and the central laboratory of the Ministry of Health.Due to the rarity of the syndrome, which is called naegleria Fowleriit was necessary to send the clinical sample to the Center for Disease Control in the USA. Around 400 cases have been reported worldwide to date, and it is an extremely rare disease, with a high mortality rate. The amoeba is found in fresh water, puddles, or stagnant water sources of various types.

The investigation into possible exposure is ongoing. The Ministry of Health is working with the Ministry of Environmental Protection and the Ministry of Agriculture and will update the public on the findings.

By Editor

One thought on “Israel: Man died of encephalitis caused by an amoeba”

Leave a Reply