Can a single bee sting also be dangerous?
There is no doubt that a whole swarm bite will be more deadly and dangerous due to the heavy load of poison injected into the injured body relative to a single bee bite. But a single bite is enough to provoke an acute systemic reaction to the point of anaphylactic shock and according to surveys from abroad, the incidence of such a reaction in the population is 0.3-3%. The reaction may worsen with repeated bites.
Are there any who are at risk for a severe physiological response as a result of a bite?
Populations at risk for a more severe response to bee stings are males, perhaps because of the gender bias in the beekeeping industry which mainly includes beekeepers and adults. Also, heart patients are prone to a fatal reaction if they develop allergic symptoms following a bee sting.