Maccabi Netanya will meet Betar Jerusalem tomorrow (Sunday, 20:15, Sport2) after being defeated 3: 1 at home by Hapoel Nof Hagalil in the previous round. The Dutch coach also lingered on mistakes in the defensive game and asked his players to show much more concentration and responsibility. .11.
“Our preparations for the game against Betar were slightly damaged due to the holidays,” said Atfeld. “We want to get back to business after the game against Nof HaGalil. We did not get into situations and we did not score goals and we want to improve, of course. ”
The coach referred to the opponent as well as the fact that his team has already returned this season with points from Teddy: “Betar Jerusalem comes of course with enthusiasm for the game, after losing the first game in the league but winning the derby this week against Hapoel Jerusalem. We must come to fight, give everything there is and not afford to get easy goals like we got in front of the Galilee landscape, this is a topic we talked to with the players. We trained very hard for the game and we are sure we will get to Jerusalem to take the points. “We did it recently in the Toto Cup, but that of course does not mean that we will do it again, just as Betar’s victory over Hapoel Jerusalem does not mean that they will win at home again. It is going to be a battle and we are preparing for it.”
* Betar Jerusalem and Maccabi Netanya have met 107 times in the first league. Betar leads 33:42 in victories and another 32 games ended in a draw.
* Maccabi Netanya did win 1: 2 with Teddy in the Toto Cup about a month ago thanks to a pair of Igor Zlatanovich, but in the league they have not managed to beat Betar in an away game since April 2013, when Firas Mugrabi, Yossi Shibhon and Ahmad Seba became 1: 3 after a goal Advantage of Avi Rikan.
* The same victory is in fact Netanya’s only in the last 19 away games against Betar, compared to 10 losses and eight draws.
* Erwin Koeman and Raymond Atfeld have previously coached each other in the past as part of a league. It was in March 2007, as part of the Dutch league, when a late 1.1 draw from Pierre van Hoydonk saved Coman’s Feyenoord a point against Atfeld’s Ruda.
* In 1995/96, in the last confrontation between them as players, Koeman scored a goal in Groningen’s 0.2 win over Vitesse. By January 1997, Atfeld had already joined Groningen and the two had been collaborating for a year and a half.
Third round games:
Saturday, 17:45: Bnei Sakhnin – Hapoel Beer Sheva (Sport 3)
Saturday, 19:00: Hapoel Nof Hagalil – MS. Ashdod
Saturday, 20:00: Maccabi Petah Tikva – Hapoel Tel Aviv (Sport 3)
Saturday, 20:30: Maccabi Tel Aviv – Maccabi Haifa
Sunday, 19:00: Hapoel Hadera – Hapoel Jerusalem
Sunday, 19:30: Hapoel Haifa – Urbani Kiryat Shmona (Sports 4)
Sunday, 20:15: Betar Jerusalem – Maccabi Netanya (Sports 2)