MADRID, 19 Jul. (EUROPA PRESS) –
The Spanish tennis player Pablo Carreño, brand new winner of the Hamburg tournament (Germany), has ascended this Monday two positions to number 11 of an ATP ranking that has not suffered variations in the ‘Top 10’ and in which the Serbian Novak Djokovic remains as solid number one.
The Asturian, who in a few days will represent Spain at the Tokyo Olympic Games, won the trophy of the German tournament, ATP 500 category and played on clay, on Sunday after beating Serbian Filip Krajinovic (6-2) in the final. , 6-4).
In this way, Carreño achieved his second trophy of the year, after the one achieved at the AnyTech365 Andalucía Open in Marbella, and the sixth of his career.
As for the rest of the Spanish, Roberto Bautista drops two places to 16, the same as Albert Ramos to 43 and Pedro Martínez to 97, and Jaume Munar and Carlos Alcaraz one to 67 and 73, respectively.
Meanwhile, Roberto Carballés, who reached the semifinals in the Bastad tournament (Sweden), experiences the highest rise in the ‘Armada’, seven positions to 90th place; Alejandro Davidovich (35) and Feliciano López (89) promoted one and Pablo Andújar (65) remained.
– ATP CLASSIFICATION AS OF JULY 19.
1. (1) Novak Djokovic (SRB) 12,113 points.
2. (2) Daniil Medvedev (RUS) 10.370.
3. (3) RAFAEL NADAL (ESP) 8.270.
4. (4) Stefanos Tsitsipas (GRE) 8,030.
5. (5) Alexander Zverev (ALE) 7.340.
6. (6) Dominic Thiem (AUT) 7.340.
7. (7) Andrey Rublev (RUS) 6.005.
8. (8) Matteo Berrettini (ITA) 5,488.
9. (9) Roger Federer (SUI) 4.215.
10.(10) Denis Shapovalov (CAN) 3.625.