JEDDAH (Ekstra Bladet): This season, Haas dreams of podiums. Not at pure speed; in addition, the top three teams are still too fast. But under the right circumstances, there are better chances than ever of snatching one, as McLaren, Alpine, Alpha Tauri, Aston Martin and even Williams did last year.
Kevin Magnussen naturally hopes to secure the team the first top three, but the ambitions in the long run are greater than that.
– I had just gotten used to the dream of becoming world champion; it’s okay, fine, you did not. Now I’m back again. Then what do you do?
– It must be the same then. It’s damn weird, he laughs.
As Günther Steiner says, Kevin Magnussen is only 29 years old. Fernando Alonso, for example, has rounded the 40s.
– It’s fun, because all of a sudden I feel young again. Last year, my Formula 1 career was over, I had a baby, I actually felt further ahead in my life than I feel now. Time and perspective are something strange.
– I’m not afraid to say that the ambition is the world championship. Why should I not dream about it again?
– The whole thing has just gone so fast that I have neither thought about it nor got used to the idea. Now I’m among the 20 in the world who can call themselves a Formula 1 driver, so why not go for it again?
– If anyone, I know you do not know what’s going on. So it’s just giving it gas!