The line player must be operated on for a knee injury on Tuesday and is expected to be out for up to a year, writes TTH Holstebro on its website.
Cichosz got a sprained knee in a match against Sønderjyske on 31 March. It turned out to be a serious meniscus and cruciate ligament injury in the right knee.
– It was a heavy message to get the doctors’ assessment, Cichosz explains.
– Right now the annoyance fills the most. I really wish I could contribute to the team and be able to help in the upcoming qualifiers.
– We know what is at stake, and therefore it fills a lot that I can not do mine on the field, Cichosz says to the club’s website.
He refers to the fact that TTH Holstebro will be out in a number of matches in the relegation game in the coming weeks.
– First of all, I have to get well on top of the operation.
– Then it is my job to work hard in the strength room so that the knee can become as strong as possible, and then I must try to support the team in the best way, says Cichosz.
TTH Holstebro director John Mikkelsen calls it a hard blow for the team to lose the captain for such a long time.
– But we must fight on and manage this task together. The team has been working well and standing together lately.
– I’m sure we’ll also see that in the qualifying game that starts on Friday, John Mikkelsen states.
TTH Holstebro will play its first match in the relegation game on Friday at home against Sønderjyske.
The group consists of five teams, with the worst team relegated.