Two days after the collapse of the Miami residential building, which led to the killing of at least four people and 159 missing persons, the media in the United States continues to try and understand what caused the collapse.
The building’s engineers said it was impossible at this point to pinpoint the main reason for the building’s collapse, which was built only about forty years ago, and rejected claims that it had been neglected and not properly renovated.
Kenneth Director, the attorney representing the building’s maintenance committee, told CNN this morning (Saturday) that the building has recently been the focus of several inspections done to extend its safety clearance with a 40-year mark to its construction.
“Such an incident could not have been foreseen. None of the engineers who worked on the building anticipated it,” a director said, adding that the only renovation required recently was minor maintenance work on the building’s roof.