Israel bombs Rafah: a hundred dead, including many women and children, two hostages freed

Israeli security services freed two hostages in Rafah, in the south of the Gaza Strip, on Saturday night. According to Hamas, about a hundred people were killed in the Israeli army’s operation prior to the liberation.

These are 60-year-old Fernando Simon Marman and 70-year-old Louis Har. Both men, who are in good health, were kidnapped from Kibbutz Nir Yithzak on October 7 by the Palestinian political and militant movement Hamas.

Israeli forces used explosives to enter the building where the duo was locked up, the army said. “A firefight broke out and shots were fired from nearby buildings,” army spokesman Daniel Hagari said. “The air force carried out attacks. Many terrorists were killed, as well as one of our soldiers.”

Previously, Israel had carried out several attacks on Rafah. About a hundred people were killed, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health. According to the United Nations, 1.4 million Palestinians are crammed into the city to escape the fighting and bombing in the rest of the Gaza Strip.

The victims would once again include many women and children, reports the Palestinian news agency Wafa. An initial communication reported about fifty fatalities. There are also said to be hundreds of injuries after the raid.

The Israeli army previously said in a statement that it had carried out “a series of attacks against terrorist targets in the south of the Gaza Strip” and added that the attacks were over.

Israeli Minister Benjamin Netanyahu ordered his army on Friday to prepare an offensive on the border city with Egypt. Many Palestinians fled there after the previous offensives in the north and center of the Gaza Strip. Netanyahu received a lot of international criticism for his plans.

By Editor

Leave a Reply