The evacuation of civilians from Azovstal continues

The Russian Ministry of Defense announced this evening that 80 civilians “detained by Ukrainian nationalists”, including women and children, had been evacuated from the territory of the Azovstal factory in Mariupol. The evacuation, according to the department, is carried out on the initiative of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

All the evacuees were placed in a tent settlement in the village of Bezimennoye, and those wishing to leave for the Ukrainian-controlled area were handed over to the representatives of the Red Cross and the UN, the Russian Defense Ministry reported.

At the same time, according to UNIAN news agency, Ukrainian President Vladimir Zelensky announced that the evacuation of civilians sheltered in the “Azovstal” shelter has begun, the first group of about 100 people will leave for the area controlled by Ki կ will arrive in Zaporozhye tomorrow.

Hours ago, the Russian media reported that 40 civilians, 18 men, 14 women and 8 children, had been evacuated from the area adjacent to Azovstal. In the morning, the evacuation of two groups of 25 և 21 people, respectively, was reported.

One of the evacuees told TASS news agency that there may still be about 300 civilians in Azovstal bunkers.

Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said during a meeting with President Vladimir Putin on April 21 that Mariupol, the “capital of the nationalist Azov”, had been taken under control, except for the Azovstal plant. Putin did not consider it expedient to attack “Azovstal”, he ordered to cancel it.

According to available data, there are more than 2,000 Ukrainians left in the area of ​​the huge complex of the factory, who reject the offer to lay down their arms, as well as hundreds of civilians. The issue of evacuation of people from “Azovstal” is in the center of attention of the international community.

By Editor

Leave a Reply