STOCK EXCHANGE: Wall Street opened up – A new takeover offer shakes up Hollywood

Wall Street’s stock markets rose cautiously on Tuesday.

The broad-based S&P 500 index was up 0.1 percent, and the technology-focused Nasdaq was around the same level as the previous trading day’s closing price.

The Dow Jones index was up 0.2 percent.

Both the S&P 500 and the Dow Jones fell by more than one percent last week, and the technology-focused Nasdaq Composite by more than two percent. Fears of the revolution caused by artificial intelligence have recently weighed on software, real estate, transportation and financial services companies on the stock exchange.

Wall Street was closed on Monday this week due to a local holiday.

The Warner Bros saga continues

Film studio Warner Bros (+2.8%) says that they have opened negotiations Paramount Skydancen (+9.3%) after Paramount’s new, improved takeover bid for Warner Bros. The decision came after a Paramount representative said the company would offer at least $31 per share if Warner Bros agreed to reopen negotiations.

Warner Bros has previously agreed to sell its title studio and HBO Max streaming service Netflixille (-0.2%) to a price of $27.75 per share.

Apple (+1.4%) said on Monday that they will organize a product launch on March 4. The company is preparing to announce several new devices in the coming weeks.

Hotel chain Hyatt Hotelsin (-1.3%) chairman of the board Tom Pritzker announced his resignation after his connections to Jeffrey Epstein the information about became public.

Bank of American according to a recent survey of fund managers, a record number of investors see that companies are now spending too much money. A quarter of respondents considered an AI bubble to be the biggest market risk, and 30 percent saw AI investments by large tech companies as the most likely source of the credit crunch.

By Editor

One thought on “STOCK EXCHANGE: Wall Street opened up – A new takeover offer shakes up Hollywood”

Leave a Reply