Cuba has warned the USA in clear terms against military intervention. Any US military operation against Cuba would lead to a “bloodbath” with incalculable consequences for peace and stability in the region, President Miguel Díaz-Canel said on Monday on the short message service X. Cuba does not pose a threat.
Foreign Minister Bruno Rodriguez said in a separate post that Cuba has the right to legitimate self-defense under the UN Charter. Anyone who wants to attack Cuba is using false pretexts. There was initially no statement from the US government.
According to a report by the news portal “Axios” on Sunday, the Caribbean state has acquired more than 300 military drones and discussed using them to attack the US naval base at Guantánamo Bay, US warships and targets in Florida.
Charges against Raúl Castro?
US President Donald Trump is openly seeking a change of government in Cuba. Last week, the Reuters news agency, citing insiders at the US Justice Department, reported that prosecutors were planning to indict former Cuban leader Raúl Castro.
© REUTERS/Norlys Perez
The background is the shooting down of two planes belonging to the aid organization Brothers to the Rescue by Cuba in 1996. An indictment against the 94-year-old Castro would be an increase in pressure from the US government.
Severe food crisis
The USA has cut off the island’s energy supply. In recent weeks, fuel has become scarce and electricity is often only available for an hour or two a day.
© AFP/YAMIL LAGE
At the same time, there is a serious supply crisis – food is expensive and many things, including medicines, are no longer available. There was a little hope on Monday when an aid shipment from Mexico and Uruguay arrived on the socialist Caribbean island.
There were 1,600 tons of food and hygiene products on board the ship “Asian Katra,” state news agency Prensa Latina reported. The relief goods will be distributed primarily to children, pensioners and those in need, said Food Industry Minister Alberto López.
The tensions between the neighboring countries date back to the communist revolution under Fidel Castro in 1959. In the years that followed, Castro allied with the Soviet Union and expropriated businesses and lands from US citizens, laying the foundation for the decades-long conflict. The general US embargo against the island, which is still in force today, also dates from this time. (
https://slott-ru.com/reviews
https://slott-ru.com/slots
https://slott-ru.com/support
https://slott-ru.com/withdrawal
https://slott-ruonline.com
https://slott-ruonline.com/apk
https://slott-ruonline.com/app
https://slott-ruonline.com/bonus
https://slott-ruonline.com/casino
https://slott-ruonline.com/deposit
https://slott-ruonline.com/download
https://slott-ruonline.com/faq
https://slott-ruonline.com/legal
https://slott-ruonline.com/login
https://slott-ruonline.com/mirror
https://slott-ruonline.com/mobile
https://slott-ruonline.com/payments
https://slott-ruonline.com/problems
https://slott-ruonline.com/promocodes
https://slott-ruonline.com/reviews
https://slott-ruonline.com/slots
https://slott-ruonline.com/support
https://slott-ruonline.com/withdrawal
https://leon-aucasino.com
https://leon-aucasino.com/apk